In England, an incorporated town that is not a city; also, a town that sends members to parliament; in Scotland, a body corporate, consisting of the inhabitants of a certain district, erected by the sovereign, with a certain jurisdiction; in America, an incorporated town or village, as in Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
- A self-governing incorporated town in some U.S. states, such as New Jersey.
- One of the five administrative units of New York City.
- A civil division of the state of Alaska that is the equivalent of a county in most other U.S. states.
- Chiefly British A town having a municipal corporation and certain rights, such as self-government.
- Chiefly British A town that sends a representative to Parliament.
- A medieval group of fortified houses that formed a town having special privileges and rights.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്വയം ഭരണാധികാരമുള്ള പട്ടണമോ നഗരമോ - Svayam Bharanaadhikaaramulla Pattanamo Nagaramo | swayam Bharanadhikaramulla Pattanamo Nagaramo ;ഒരു മുനിസിപ്പല് കോര്പ്പറേഷനുള്ള പട്ടണമോ ജില്ലയോ - Oru Munisippal Korppareshanulla Pattanamo Jillayo ;വലിയ പട്ടണത്തിന്റെ ഒരു ഭാഗം - Valiya Pattanaththinte Oru Bhaagam | Valiya Pattanathinte Oru Bhagam ;