Any protuberant part; a round, swelling part or body; a knoblike process; as, a boss of wood.
- An employer or a supervisor.
- One who makes decisions or exercises authority.
- A professional politician who controls a party or a political machine.
- To supervise or control. See Synonyms at supervise.
- To give orders to, especially in an arrogant or domineering manner: bossing us around.
- To be or act as a supervisor or controlling element.
- Slang First-rate; topnotch.
- A circular protuberance or knoblike swelling, as on the horns of certain animals.
- A raised area used as ornamentation.
- Architecture A raised ornament, such as one at the intersection of the ribs in a vaulted roof.
- An enlarged part of a shaft to which another shaft is coupled or to which a wheel or gear is keyed.
- A hub, especially of a propeller.
- To emboss.
- A cow or calf.