Sparkling with luster; glittering; very bright; as, a brilliant star.
- Full of light; shining. See Synonyms at bright.
- Relating to or being a hue that has a combination of high lightness and strong saturation.
- Sharp and clear in tone.
- Glorious; magnificent: the brilliant court life at Versailles.
- Superb; wonderful: The soloist gave a brilliant performance.
- Marked by unusual and impressive intellectual acuteness: a brilliant mind; a brilliant solution to the problem. See Synonyms at intelligent.
- A precious gem, especially a diamond, finely cut in any of various forms with numerous facets.