Easily broken; apt to break; fragile; not tough or tenacious.
- Likely to break, snap, or crack, as when subjected to pressure: brittle bones.
- Easily damaged or disrupted; fragile: a brittle friendship. See Synonyms at fragile.
- Difficult to deal with; snappish: a brittle disposition.
- Lacking warmth of feeling; cold: a reputation for being brittle and aloof.
- Brilliantly sharp, as in percussive sound.
- Fleeting; transitory.
- A confection of caramelized sugar to which nuts are added: walnut brittle.