An alloy of copper and tin, to which small proportions of other metals, especially zinc, are sometimes added. It is hard and sonorous, and is used for statues, bells, cannon, etc., the proportions of the ingredients being varied to suit the particular purposes. The varieties containing the higher proportions of tin are brittle, as in bell metal and speculum metal.
- Any of various alloys of copper and tin in various proportions, sometimes with traces of other metals.
- Any of various alloys of copper, with or without tin, and antimony, phosphorus, or other components.
- A work of art made of one of these alloys.
- A medal made of bronze awarded to one placing third in a competition, as in the Olympics.
- A moderate yellowish to olive brown.
- A pigment of this color.
- Made of or consisting of bronze.
- Of a moderate yellowish to olive brown.
- To give the color or appearance of bronze to.
- To make brown by exposure to the sun; tan.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വെള്ളോടു കൊണ്ടുണ്ടാക്കിയ - Vellodu Kondundaakkiya | Vellodu Kondundakkiya ;വെങ്കലം - Venkalam ;വെള്ളോട് - Vellodu ;വെണ്കലം - Venkalam ;ഓട് - Odu ;ഓട് - Odu ;