To injure, as by a blow or collision, without laceration; to contuse; as, to bruise one's finger with a hammer; to bruise the bark of a tree with a stone; to bruise an apple by letting it fall.
- To injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of (part of the body) without breaking the skin, as by a blow.
- To damage (plant tissue), as by abrasion or pressure: bruised the fruit by careless packing.
- To dent or mar.
- To pound (berries, for example) into fragments; crush.
- To hurt, especially psychologically.
- To experience or undergo bruising: Peaches bruise easily.
- An injury to underlying tissues or bone in which the skin is not broken, often characterized by ruptured blood vessels and discolorations.
- A similar injury to plant tissue, often resulting in discoloration or spoilage.
- An injury, especially to one's feelings.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചതവുണ്ടാക്കുക - Chathavundaakkuka | Chathavundakkuka ;ചതയുക - Chathayuka ;അപായം - Apaayam | Apayam ;പരുക്ക് - Parukku ;ഞണുക്കം - Njanukkam ;ക്ഷതം - Kshatham ;