An instrument composed of bristles, or other like material, set in a suitable back or handle, as of wood, bone, or ivory, and used for various purposes, as in removing dust from clothes, laying on colors, etc. Brushes have different shapes and names according to their use; as, clothes brush, paint brush, tooth brush, etc.
- A device consisting of bristles fastened into a handle, used in scrubbing, polishing, or painting.
- The act of using this device.
- A light touch in passing; a graze.
- An instance of contact with something undesirable or dangerous: a brush with the law; a brush with death.
- A bushy tail: the brush of a fox.
- A sliding connection completing a circuit between a fixed and a moving conductor.
- A snub; a brushoff.
- To clean, polish, or groom with a brush.
- To apply with or as if with motions of a brush.
- To remove with or as if with motions of a brush.
- To dismiss abruptly or curtly: brushed the matter aside; brushed an old friend off.
- To touch lightly in passing; graze against.
- To use or apply a brush.
- To move past something so as to touch it lightly.
- brush back Baseball To force (a batter) to move away from the plate by throwing an inside pitch.
- brush up To refresh one's memory.
- brush up To renew a skill.
- A dense growth of bushes or shrubs.
- Land covered by such a growth.
- Cut or broken branches.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തലോടുക - Thaloduka ;ഉരസുക - Urasuka ;മെല്ലെ തൊടുക - Melle Thoduka ;ചീകുക - Cheekuka ;ആഘര്ഷണി - Aagharshani | agharshani ;കോതുക - Kothuka ;