A device, usually of metal, consisting of a frame with one more movable tongues or catches, used for fastening things together, as parts of dress or harness, by means of a strap passing through the frame and pierced by the tongue.
- A clasp for fastening two ends, as of straps or a belt, in which a device attached to one of the ends is fitted or coupled to the other.
- An ornament that resembles this clasp, such as a metal square on a shoe or hat.
- An instance of bending, warping, or crumpling; a bend or bulge.
- To fasten with a buckle.
- To cause to bend, warp, or crumple.
- To become fastened with a buckle.
- To bend, warp, or crumple, as under pressure or heat.
- To give way; collapse: My knees buckled with fear.
- To succumb, as to exhaustion or authority; give in: finally buckled under the excessive demands of the job.
- buckle down To apply oneself with determination.
- buckle up To use a safety belt, especially in an automobile.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അടിയറവു പറയുക - Adiyaravu Parayuka ;കൊളുത്തുക - Koluththuka | Koluthuka ;പട്ടപ്പൂട്ടിടുക - Pattappoottiduka ;വചം, അരപ്പട്ട മുതലായവ ഇട്ടു മുറുക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള കൊളുത്ത് - Vacham, Arappatta Muthalaayava Ittu Murukkunnathinulla Koluththu | Vacham, Arappatta Muthalayava Ittu Murukkunnathinulla Koluthu ;വഴങ്ങുക - Vazhanguka ;വളയുക - Valayuka ;