A small protuberance on the stem or branches of a plant, containing the rudiments of future leaves, flowers, or stems; an undeveloped branch or flower.
- Botany A small protuberance on a stem or branch, sometimes enclosed in protective scales and containing an undeveloped shoot, leaf, or flower.
- Botany The stage or condition of having buds: branches in full bud.
- Biology An asexual reproductive structure, as in yeast or a hydra, that consists of an outgrowth capable of developing into a new individual.
- Biology A small, rounded organic part, such as a taste bud, that resembles a plant bud.
- One that is not yet fully developed: the bud of a new idea.
- To put forth or produce buds: a plant that buds in early spring.
- To develop or grow from or as if from a bud: "listened sympathetically for a moment, a bemused smile budding forth” ( Washington Post).
- To be in an undeveloped stage or condition.
- To reproduce asexually by forming a bud.
- To cause to put forth buds.
- To graft a bud onto (a plant).
- Informal Friend; chum. Used as a form of familiar address, especially for a man or boy: Move along, bud.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മൊട്ടിടുക - Mottiduka ;കുടപ്പന് - Kudappan ;കൂമ്പ് - Koompu ;പൂമൊട്ട് - Poomottu ;അവ - Ava ;മുകുളം - Mukulam ;