The male of any species of cattle (Bovidæ); hence, the male of any large quadruped, as the elephant; also, the male of the whale.
- An adult male bovine mammal.
- The uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle.
- The male of certain other large animals, such as the alligator, elephant, or moose.
- An exceptionally large, strong, and aggressive person.
- An optimist, especially regarding business conditions.
- A person who buys commodities or securities in anticipation of a rise in prices or who tries by speculative purchases to effect such a rise.
- Slang A police officer or detective.
- Slang Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- Slang Insolent talk or behavior.
- To push; force.
- To push ahead or through forcefully: "He bulls through the press horde that encircles the car” ( Scott Turow).
- Large and strong like a bull.
- Characterized by rising prices: a bull market.
- grab To deal with a problem directly and resolutely.
- An official document issued by the pope and sealed with a bulla.
- The bulla used to seal such a document.
- A gross blunder in logical speech or expression.