To intimidate; to restrain or coerce by intimidation or violence; -- used originally of the intimidation of negro voters, in Louisiana.
- To clear, dig up, or move with a bulldozer.
- To treat in an abusive manner; bully.
- To coerce in an unsympathetic or cruel way. See Synonyms at intimidate.
- To do away with; demolish: "A massive bipartisan majority voted . . . to bulldoze the social programs of decades in the next 30 days” ( Peter Goldman).
- To operate a bulldozer.
- To proceed forcefully or insensitively: "intends to bulldoze ahead with plans for extensive reconstruction” ( New York Times).