A dry measure, containing four pecks, eight gallons, or thirty-two quarts.
- A unit of volume or capacity in the U.S. Customary System, used in dry measure and equal to 4 pecks, 2,150.42 cubic inches, or 35.24 liters.
- A unit of volume or capacity in the British Imperial System, used in dry and liquid measure and equal to 2,219.36 cubic inches or 36.37 liters. See Table at measurement.
- A container with the capacity of a bushel.
- Informal A large amount; a great deal: We have bushels of time, so relax.
- To alter or mend (clothing).