A limit; a bound; a goal; the extreme bound; the end.
- To hit or push against with the head or horns; ram.
- To hit or push something with the head or horns.
- To project forward or out.
- A push or blow with the head or horns.
- butt in To interfere or meddle in other people's affairs.
- butt out Slang To leave someone alone.
- butt out Slang To leave; depart.
- To join or be joined end to end; abut.
- A butt joint.
- A butt hinge.
- One that serves as an object of ridicule or contempt: I was the butt of their jokes.
- A target, as in archery or riflery.
- A target range.
- An obstacle behind a target for stopping the shot.
- An embankment or hollow used as a blind by hunters of wildfowl.
- Archaic A goal.
- Obsolete A bound; a limit.
- The larger or thicker end of an object: the butt of a rifle.
- An unburned end, as of a cigarette.
- Informal A cigarette.
- A short or broken remnant; a stub.
- Informal The buttocks; the rear end.
- A large cask.
- A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters).