In the neighborhood of; near or next to; not far from; close to; along with; as, come and sit by me.
- Close to; next to: the window by the door.
- With the use or help of; through: We came by the back road.
- Up to and beyond; past: We drove by the house.
- At or to: stopped by the bakery; came by the house.
- In the period of; during: sleeping by day.
- Not later than: by 5:30 P.M.
- In the amount of: letters by the thousands.
- To the extent of: shorter by two inches.
- According to: played by the rules.
- With respect to: siblings by blood.
- In the name of: swore by the Bible to tell the truth.
- Through the agency or action of: was killed by a bullet.
- Used to indicate a succession of specified individuals, groups, or quantities: One by one they left. They were persuaded little by little.
- Used in multiplication and division: Multiply 4 by 6 to get 24.
- Used with measurements: a room 12 by 18 feet.
- Toward. Used to express direction with points of the compass: south by east.
- On hand; nearby: Stand by.
- Aside; away: We put it by for later.
- Up to, alongside, and past: The car raced by.
- At or to one's home or current location: Stop by later today.
- Into the past: as years go by.
- by oneself Without company; alone: went by herself.
- by oneself Without help: wrote the book by myself.
- Variant of bye1.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അരികെ - Arike ;ഇല്,കൊണ്ട് - Il,kondu ;ചേര്ന്ന് - Chernnu ;ആല് - Aal | al ;മൂലം - Moolam ;പ്രകാരം - Prakaaram | Prakaram ;