A large, strong rope or chain, of considerable length, used to retain a vessel at anchor, and for other purposes. It is made of hemp, of steel wire, or of iron links.
- A strong, large-diameter, heavy steel or fiber rope.
- Something that resembles such steel or fiber rope.
- Electricity A bound or sheathed group of mutually insulated conductors.
- Nautical A heavy rope or chain for mooring or anchoring a ship.
- Nautical A cable length.
- A cablegram.
- Cable television.
- To send a cablegram to.
- To transmit (a message) by telegraph.
- To supply or fasten with a cable or cables.
- To send a cablegram.