A hole in the ground, or hiding place, for concealing and preserving provisions which it is inconvenient to carry.
- A hiding place used especially for storing provisions.
- A place for concealment and safekeeping, as of valuables.
- A store of goods or valuables concealed in a hiding place: maintained a cache of food in case of emergencies.
- Computer Science A fast storage buffer in the central processing unit of a computer. Also called cache memory.
- To hide or store in a cache. See Synonyms at hide1.