A covering fixed over a bed, dais, or the like, or carried on poles over an exalted personage or a sacred object, etc. chiefly as a mark of honor.
- A covering, usually of cloth, suspended over a throne or bed or held aloft on poles above an eminent person or a sacred object.
- Architecture An ornamental rooflike projection over a niche, altar, or tomb.
- A protective rooflike covering, often of canvas, mounted on a frame over a walkway or door.
- A high overarching covering, such as the sky: "I just look up at the stars and let the vastness of that black and twinkling canopy fill my soul” ( Margaret Mason).
- The uppermost layer in a forest, formed by the crowns of the trees. Also called crown canopy.
- The transparent enclosure over the cockpit of an aircraft.
- The part of a parachute that opens up to catch the air.
- To cover with or as if with a canopy.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മേല്ക്കെട്ടി - Melkketti ;വിതാനം - Vithaanam | Vithanam ;ആകാശം - Aakaasham | akasham ;മേക്കട്ടി - Mekkatti ;ആച്ഛാദനം - Aachchaadhanam | achchadhanam ;മേല്ക്കെട്ടി - Melkketti ;