A vessel used by soldiers for carrying water, liquor, or other drink.
- A snack bar or small cafeteria, as on a military installation.
- A recreational facility, bar, or small general store formerly established for the patronage of soldiers.
- A recreation hall or social club where refreshments are available.
- A temporary or mobile eating place, especially one set up in an emergency.
- A flask for carrying drinking water, as on a hike.
- A box with compartments for carrying cooking gear and eating utensils.
- A soldier's mess kit.
- Chiefly British A box used to store silverware.