To convert into capital, or to use as capital.
- To use as or convert into capital.
- To supply with capital or investment funds: capitalize a new business.
- To authorize the issue of a certain amount of capital stock of: capitalize a corporation.
- To convert (debt) into capital stock or shares.
- To calculate the current value of (a future stream of earnings or cash flows).
- To include (expenditures) in business accounts as assets instead of expenses.
- To write or print in capital letters.
- To begin a word with a capital letter.
- To turn something to one's advantage; benefit: capitalize on an opponent's error. See Synonyms at benefit.