A piece of pasteboard, or thick paper, blank or prepared for various uses; as, a playing card; a visiting card; a card of invitation; pl. a game played with cards.
- A flat, usually rectangular piece of stiff paper, cardboard, or plastic, especially:
- One of a set or pack bearing significant numbers, symbols, or figures, used in games and in divination.
- A greeting card.
- A post card.
- One bearing a person's name and other information, used for purposes of identification or classification.
- One bearing the image and often the statistics of a sports figure.
- A business card.
- A credit card.
- A magnetic card.
- One used for recording information in a file: an index card; a recipe card.
- Games A game played with cards.
- Games The playing of games with cards.
- A program, especially for a sports event.
- A menu, as in a restaurant.
- A wine list.
- Computer Science A circuit board, especially for use in a computer.
- Computer Science A punch card.
- A compass card.
- Informal An eccentrically amusing person.
- Something, such as an advantageous circumstance or tactical maneuver, that can be used to help gain an objective. Often used with play: "[He believed that] Soviet Russia ... had far more Iranian cards to play than the United States” ( Theodore Draper).
- An appeal to a specified issue or argument, usually one involving strong emotions. Often used with play: "His exposure as a racist ... allowed the defense to play the race card” ( New York Times).
- To furnish with or attach to a card.
- To list (something) on a card; catalog.
- To check the identification of, especially in order to verify legal age.
- Sports To warn or eject (a soccer player who has committed a flagrant foul) by showing a yellow card or a red card.
- card in To sign in, as at a place of business, by use of a magnetic card.
- card out To sign out, as from a place of business, by use of a magnetic card.
- card up (one's) sleeve A secret resource or plan held in reserve: a tough negotiator who had a number of cards up his sleeve.
- in the cards Likely or certain to happen: My promotion to a higher position just isn't in the cards.
- put To make frank and clear revelation, as of one's motives or intentions.
- A wire-toothed brush or a machine fitted with rows of wire teeth, used to disentangle fibers, as of wool, prior to spinning.
- A device used to raise the nap on a fabric.
- To comb out or brush with a card.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സന്ദർശകകാർഡ് - Sandharshakakaardu | Sandharshakakardu ;തപാല്കാര്ഡ് - Thapaalkaardu | Thapalkardu ;പേര്, മേല്വിലാസം, തൊഴില്, അംഗത്വം തുടങ്ങിയ വിവരങ്ങള് രേഖപ്പെടുത്തുന്ന ചീട്ട് - Peru, Melvilaasam, Thozhil, Amgathvam Thudangiya Vivarangal Rekhappeduththunna Cheettu | Peru, Melvilasam, Thozhil, Amgathvam Thudangiya Vivarangal Rekhappeduthunna Cheettu ;ചീട്ട് - Cheettu ;തടിച്ച കടലാസ് - Thadicha Kadalaasu | Thadicha Kadalasu ;പരസ്യച്ചീട്ട് - Parasyacheettu ;