Free from care or anxiety. hence, cheerful; light-hearted.
- Taking insufficient care; negligent: a careless housekeeper; careless proofreading.
- Marked by or resulting from lack of forethought or thoroughness: a careless mistake.
- Showing a lack of consideration: a careless remark.
- Unconcerned or indifferent; heedless: careless of the consequences.
- Unstudied or effortless: danced with careless grace.
- Exhibiting a disposition that is free from cares; cheerful: a careless grin; a careless wave of the hand.