A shot in which the ball struck with the cue comes in contact with two or more balls on the table; a hitting of two or more balls with the player's ball. In England it is called cannon.
- A collision followed by a rebound.
- A shot in billiards in which the cue ball successively strikes two other balls. Also called billiard.
- A similar shot in a related game, such as pool.
- To collide and rebound; glance: The car caromed off the guardrail into the ditch.
- To make a carom, as in billiards.
- To cause to carom.