One who, or that which, carries or conveys; a messenger.
- One that transports or conveys: baggage carriers; a message carrier.
- One, such as a person, business, or organization, that deals in the transport of passengers or goods.
- A mechanism or device by which something is conveyed or conducted.
- Medicine A person or an animal that shows no symptoms of a disease but harbors the infectious agent of that disease and is capable of transmitting it to others.
- Genetics An individual that carries one gene for a particular recessive trait. A carrier does not express the trait but, when mated with another carrier, can produce offspring that do.
- Electronics A carrier wave.
- Electronics A charge-carrying entity, especially an electron or a hole in a semiconductor.
- An aircraft carrier.
- An insurance or underwriting organization.
- A telecommunications company.