A complete charge for a firearm, contained in, or held together by, a case, capsule, or shell of metal, pasteboard, or other material.
- A cylindrical, usually metal casing containing the primer and charge of ammunition for firearms.
- Such a casing fitted with a bullet.
- A similar piece of ammunition, such as a shotgun shell.
- A case filled with high explosives, used in blasting.
- A small modular unit designed to be inserted into a larger piece of equipment: an ink cartridge; a disposable cartridge of caulking compound.
- A removable case containing the stylus and electric conversion circuitry in a phonograph pickup.
- A case containing magnetic tape in a reel; a cassette.
- A case containing a ribbon in a spool, for use in printers and electric typewriters.
- A lightproof case with photographic film that can be loaded directly into a camera.