A fall of water over a precipice, as in a river or brook; a waterfall less than a cataract.
- A waterfall or a series of small waterfalls over steep rocks.
- Something, such as lace, thought to resemble a waterfall or series of small waterfalls, especially an arrangement or fall of material.
- A succession of stages, processes, operations, or units.
- Electronics A series of components or networks, the output of each of which serves as the input for the next.
- A chemical or physiological process that occurs in successive stages, each of which is dependent on the preceding one, and often producing a cumulative effect: an enzymatic cascade.
- To fall or cause to fall in or as if in a cascade.