An animal of various species of the genera Felis and Lynx. The domestic cat is Felis domestica. The European wild cat (Felis catus) is much larger than the domestic cat. In the United States the name wild cat is commonly applied to the bay lynx (Lynx rufus) See Wild cat, and Tiger cat.
- A small carnivorous mammal (Felis catus or F. domesticus) domesticated since early times as a catcher of rats and mice and as a pet and existing in several distinctive breeds and varieties.
- Any of various other carnivorous mammals of the family Felidae, which includes the lion, tiger, leopard, and lynx.
- The fur of a domestic cat.
- Informal A woman who is regarded as spiteful.
- Slang A person, especially a man.
- Slang A player or devotee of jazz music.
- A cat-o'-nine-tails.
- A catfish.
- Nautical A cathead.
- Nautical A device for raising an anchor to the cathead.
- Nautical A catboat.
- Nautical A catamaran.
- Nautical To hoist an anchor to (the cathead).
- Slang To look for sexual partners; have an affair or affairs: "catting around with every lady in sight” ( Gore Vidal).
- let the cat out of the bag To let a secret be known.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
Owl , Tiger , Horse , Chimpanzee , Fox , Fish , Fish , Scorpion , Eagle , Duck , Cow , Fish , Hippopotamus , Bear , Fox , Duck , Cheetah , Pig , Cow , Puppy , Horse , Shark , Turtle , Seal , Dog , Frog , Fly , Rat , Kangaroo , Fox , Snake , Chicken , Fly , Elephant , Frog , Sheep , Monkey , Bear , Monkey , Horse , Fish , Seal , Pig , Shark , Bear , Duck , Turtle , Duck , Lobster , Puppy , Bird , Alligator , Camel , Squirrel , Owl , Fly , Kitten , Snail , Bee , Rabbit , Cow , Shark , Zebra , Dolphin , Horse , Bird , Lion , Duck , Lobster , Dog , Fly , Panda , Snake , Seal , Hamster , Bear , Crocodile , Bear , Bear , Rat , Giraffe , Goat , Octopus , Goldfish , Fly , Pig , Ant , Kitten , Rhinoceros , Fly , Wolf , Snake , Spider , Deer , Seal , Cow , Jaguar