- A list or itemized display, as of titles, course offerings, or articles for exhibition or sale, usually including descriptive information or illustrations.
- A publication, such as a book or pamphlet, containing such a list or display: a catalog of fall fashions; a seed catalog.
- A list or enumeration: "the long catalogue of his concerns: unemployment, housing, race, drugs, the decay of the inner city, the environment and family life” ( Anthony Holden).
- A card catalog.
- To make an itemized list of: catalog a record collection.
- To list or include in a catalog.
- To classify (a book or publication, for example) according to a categorical system.
- To make a catalog.
- To be listed in a catalog: an item that catalogs for 200 dollars.