Of or pertaining to the grasses which are cultivated for their edible seeds (as wheat, maize, rice, etc.), or to their seeds or grain.
- A grass such as wheat, oats, or corn, the starchy grains of which are used as food.
- The grain of such a grass.
- Any of several other plants or their edible seed or fruit, such as buckwheat or grain amaranth.
- A food prepared from any of these plants, especially a breakfast food made from commercially processed grain.
- Consisting of or relating to grain or to a plant producing grain.