A judicial court of chancery, which in England and in the United States is distinctively a court with equity jurisdiction.
- Any of various officials of high rank, especially:
- A secretary to a monarch or noble.
- Chiefly British The chief secretary of an embassy.
- The chief minister of state in some European countries.
- The president of certain American universities.
- Chiefly British The honorary or titular head of a university.
- Law The presiding judge of a court of chancery or equity in some states of the United States.