A subordinate place of worship
- A place of worship that is smaller than and subordinate to a church.
- A place of worship in an institution, such as a prison, college, or hospital.
- A recess or room in a church set apart for special or small services.
- A place of worship for those not belonging to an established church.
- The services held at a chapel: Students attend chapel each morning.
- Music A choir or orchestra connected with a place of worship at a royal court.
- A funeral home.
- A room in a funeral home used for conducting funeral services.