A sheet of paper, pasteboard, or the like, on which information is exhibited, esp. when the information is arranged in tabular form; as, an historical chart.
- A map showing coastlines, water depths, or other information of use to navigators.
- An outline map on which specific information, such as scientific data, can be plotted.
- A sheet presenting information in the form of graphs or tables.
- See graph1.
- A listing of best-selling recorded music or other items. Often used in the plural: A hit single that reached number 3 on the charts.
- To make a chart of.
- To plan (something) in detail: is charting a course to destruction.
- To be ranked on a chart of best-selling items: a song that charted at the number one position last week.