A moderate but disagreeable degree of cold; a disagreeable sensation of coolness, accompanied with shivering.
- A moderate but penetrating coldness.
- A sensation of coldness, often accompanied by shivering and pallor of the skin.
- A checking or dampening of enthusiasm, spirit, or joy: bad news that put a chill on the celebration.
- A sudden numbing fear or dread.
- Moderately cold; chilly: a chill wind.
- Not warm and friendly; distant: a chill greeting.
- Discouraging; dispiriting: "Chill penury repressed their noble rage” ( Thomas Gray).
- To affect with or as if with cold.
- To lower in temperature; cool.
- To make discouraged; dispirit.
- Metallurgy To harden (a metallic surface) by rapid cooling.
- To be seized with cold.
- To become cold or set: jelly that chills quickly.
- Metallurgy To become hard by rapid cooling.
- Slang To calm down or relax. Often used with out.
- Slang To pass time idly; loiter. Often used with out.
- Slang To keep company; see socially. Often used with out.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുളിരുളവാക്കുക - Kulirulavaakkuka | Kulirulavakkuka ;കുളിര് - Kuliru ;തണുപ്പ് - Thanuppu ;ശൈത്യം - Shaithyam ;വിറപ്പിക്കുക - Virappikkuka ;അധൈര്യം - Adhairyam ;