A tool with a cutting edge on one end of a metal blade, used in dressing, shaping, or working in timber, stone, metal, etc.; -- usually driven by a mallet or hammer.
- A metal tool with a sharp beveled edge, used to cut and shape stone, wood, or metal.
- To shape or cut with a chisel.
- Informal To cheat or swindle.
- Informal To obtain by deception.
- To use a chisel.
- Informal To use unethical methods; cheat: "who's up, who's down and who's chiseling on the side” ( James Reston).
- Informal To intrude oneself without welcome: always tries to chisel in on our conversations.