The string of a musical instrument.
- Music A combination of three or more pitches sounded simultaneously.
- Harmony, as of color.
- To be in accord; agree.
- Music To play chords on an instrument.
- Music To play chords on.
- To harmonize.
- A line segment that joins two points on a curve.
- A straight line connecting the leading and trailing edges of an airfoil.
- Anatomy Variant of cord.
- An emotional feeling or response: Her words struck a sympathetic chord in her audience.
- Archaic The string of a musical instrument.