A building set apart for Christian worship.
- A building for public, especially Christian worship.
- The company of all Christians regarded as a spiritual body.
- A specified Christian denomination: the Presbyterian Church.
- A congregation.
- Public divine worship in a church; a religious service: goes to church at Christmas and Easter.
- The clerical profession; clergy.
- Ecclesiastical power as distinguished from the secular: the separation of church and state.
- To conduct a church service for, especially to perform a religious service for (a woman after childbirth).
- Of or relating to the church; ecclesiastical.