A plane figure, bounded by a single curve line called its circumference, every part of which is equally distant from a point within it, called the center.
- A plane curve everywhere equidistant from a given fixed point, the center.
- A planar region bounded by a circle.
- Something, such as a ring, shaped like such a plane curve.
- A circular course, circuit, or orbit: a satellite's circle around the earth.
- A traffic circle.
- A curved section or tier of seats in a theater.
- A series or process that finishes at its starting point or continuously repeats itself; a cycle.
- A group of people sharing an interest, activity, or achievement: well-known in artistic circles.
- A territorial or administrative division, especially of a province, in some European countries.
- A sphere of influence or interest; domain.
- Logic A vicious circle.
- To make or form a circle around; enclose. See Synonyms at surround.
- To move in a circle around.
- To move in a circle. See Synonyms at turn.
- circle the wagons To take a defensive position; become defensive.