To move in a circle or circuitously; to move round and return to the same point; as, the blood circulates in the body.
- To move in or flow through a circle or circuit: blood circulating through the body.
- To move around, as from person to person or place to place: a guest circulating at a party.
- To move about or flow freely, as air.
- To spread widely among persons or places; disseminate: Gossip tends to circulate quickly.
- To cause to move about or be distributed: Please circulate these fliers.