A great outcry or vociferation; loud and continued shouting or exclamation.
- A loud outcry; a hubbub.
- A vehement expression of discontent or protest: a clamor in the press for pollution control.
- A loud sustained noise. See Synonyms at noise.
- To make a loud sustained noise or outcry.
- To make insistent demands or complaints: clamored for tax reforms.
- To exclaim insistently and noisily: The representatives clamored their disapproval.
- To influence or force by clamoring: clamored the mayor into resigning.