To strike; to slap; to strike, or strike together, with a quick motion, so, as to make a sharp noise; as, to clap one's hands; a clapping of wings.
- To strike the palms of the hands together with a sudden explosive sound, as in applauding.
- To come together suddenly with a sharp sound.
- To strike together with a sharp sound, as one hard surface on another: clapped a book on the desk.
- To strike (the hands) together with an abrupt, loud sound, usually repeatedly: clapped hands in time to the music.
- To strike lightly but firmly with the open hand, as in greeting: clapped me on the shoulder.
- To put or place quickly and firmly: clapped the purse snatcher in jail; clapped a lid on the box.
- To arrange hastily: clapped together a plan.
- The act or sound of clapping the hands.
- A sudden, loud, explosive sound: a clap of thunder.
- A sharp blow with the open hand; a slap.
- Obsolete A sudden stroke of fortune, especially of bad luck.
- Vulgar Slang Gonorrhea. Often used with the.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഹസ്ത താഡനം ചെയ്യുക - Hastha Thaadanam Cheyyuka | Hastha Thadanam Cheyyuka ;സംഘട്ടനശബ്ദം - Samghattanashabdham ;കൈയടിക്കുക - Kaiyadikkuka ;ധ്വനി - Dhvani ;മുട്ടുക - Muttuka ;ഇടിമുഴക്കം - Idimuzhakkam ;