- Of or relating to the ancient Greeks and Romans, especially their art, architecture, and literature.
- Conforming to the artistic and literary models of ancient Greece and Rome.
- Versed in the classics: a classical scholar.
- Of or relating to the most artistically developed stage of a civilization: Chinese classical poetry.
- Music Of or relating to European music during the latter half of the 18th and the early 19th centuries.
- Music Of or relating to music in the educated European tradition, such as symphony and opera, as opposed to popular or folk music.
- Of, relating to, or being a variety of a language that is epitomized by a prestigious body of literature.
- Standard and authoritative rather than new or experimental: classical methods of navigation.
- Well-known; classic: the classical argument between free trade and protectionism.
- Of or relating to physics that can be described without the use of quantum mechanics or relativity.
- Relating to or consisting of studies in the humanities and general sciences: a classical curriculum.