A ball of thread, yarn, or cord; also, The thread itself.
- A ball of yarn or thread.
- Greek Mythology The ball of thread used by Theseus to find his way out of the labyrinth.
- The cords by which a hammock is suspended.
- Nautical One of the two lower corners of a square sail.
- Nautical The lower aft corner of a fore-and-aft sail.
- Nautical A metal loop attached to the lower corner of a sail.
- To roll or coil into a ball.
- Nautical To raise the lower corners of (a square sail) by means of clew lines. Used with up.
- Chiefly British Variant of clue1.