Upward movement; steady increase; gradation; ascent.
- The point of greatest intensity or force in an ascending series or progression; a culmination. See Synonyms at summit.
- A series of statements or ideas in an ascending order of rhetorical force or intensity.
- The final statement in such a series.
- A moment of great or culminating intensity in a narrative or drama, especially the conclusion of a crisis.
- The turning point in a plot or dramatic action.
- See orgasm.
- A stage in ecological development in which a community of organisms, especially plants, is stable and capable of perpetuating itself. Also called climax community.
- To bring to or reach a climax.