To hold firmly; to hold fast by grasping or embracing tightly.
- To fix or secure (a nail or bolt, for example) by bending down or flattening the pointed end that protrudes.
- To fasten together in this way.
- To settle definitely and conclusively; make final: "The cocktail circuit is a constant and more contracts are clinched over pâté than over paper” ( Ann L. Trebbe).
- Sports To secure (a divisional championship, for instance) before the end of regular season play by having an insurmountable lead.
- Nautical To fasten with a clinch.
- To be held together securely.
- Sports To hold a boxing opponent's body with one or both arms to prevent or hinder punches.
- Slang To embrace amorously.
- Something, such as a clamp, that clinches.
- The clinched part of a nail, bolt, or rivet.
- Sports An act or instance of clinching in boxing.
- Nautical A knot in a rope made by a half hitch with the end of the rope fastened back by seizing. Also called clench.
- Slang An amorous embrace.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദേശം - Dhesham ;പ്രദേശം - Pradhesham ;രാജ്യം - Raajyam | Rajyam ;ഇടിക്കുക - Idikkuka ;ആണി അടിച്ചുറപ്പിക്കുക - Aani Adichurappikkuka | ani Adichurappikkuka ;കാലാവസ്ഥ - Kaalaavastha | Kalavastha ;