A mass composed of several bricks run together by the action of the fire in the kiln.
- The incombustible residue, fused into an irregular lump, that remains after the combustion of coal.
- A partially vitrified brick or a mass of bricks fused together.
- An extremely hard burned brick.
- Vitrified matter expelled by a volcano.
- Slang A sour note in a musical performance: hit a clinker.
- Slang A mistake; a blunder.
- Slang Something of inferior quality; a conspicuous failure: a clinker of a show.
- Chiefly British Something admirable or first-rate.
- To form clinkers in burning.