A vessel employed in sailing along a coast, or engaged in the coasting trade.
- One that coasts, as:
- One who acts in an aimless manner.
- A sled or toboggan.
- One who rides a sled or toboggan.
- Nautical A vessel engaged in coastal trade: "dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smokestack” ( John Masefield).
- A roller coaster.
- A small mat or plate placed under a vessel to protect a tabletop or other surface beneath.
- A small tray, often on wheels, for passing something, such as a wine decanter, around a table.
- A resident of a coastal region.