An oblong case in which the silkworm lies in its chrysalis state. It is formed of threads of silk spun by the worm just before leaving the larval state. From these the silk of commerce is prepared.
- A protective case of silk or similar fibrous material spun by the larvae of moths and other insects that serves as a covering for their pupal stage.
- A similar natural protective covering or structure, such as the egg case of a spider.
- A protective plastic coating that is placed over stored military or naval equipment.
- Something suggestive of a cocoon in appearance or purpose: "a congressionally mandated process that will gradually strip these institutions of a cocoon of regulations” ( Edward Meadows).
- To envelop in or as if in a cocoon, as for protection from a harsh or unfriendly environment.
- To retreat as if into a cocoon, as for security from a harsh or unfriendly environment.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കൊക്കോ - Kokko ;കീടകോശം - Keedakosham ;പുഴുക്കൂട് - Puzhukkoodu ;ശലഭകോശം - Shalabhakosham ;കീടകോശം - Keedakosham ;ശലഭകോശം - Shalabhakosham ;