A collection, body, or society of persons engaged in common pursuits, or having common duties and interests, and sometimes, by charter, peculiar rights and privileges; as, a college of heralds; a college of electors; a college of bishops.
- An institution of higher learning that grants the bachelor's degree in liberal arts or science or both.
- An undergraduate division or school of a university offering courses and granting degrees in a particular field.
- A school, sometimes but not always a university, offering special instruction in professional or technical subjects.
- The students, faculty, and administration of such a school or institution.
- The building or buildings occupied by such a school or institution.
- Chiefly British A self-governing society of scholars for study or instruction, incorporated within a university.
- An institution in France for secondary education that is not supported by the state.
- A body of persons having a common purpose or shared duties: a college of surgeons.
- An electoral college.
- A body of clerics living together on an endowment.