A kind of pillar; a cylindrical or polygonal support for a roof, ceiling, statue, etc., somewhat ornamented, and usually composed of base, shaft, and capital. See Order.
- Architecture A supporting pillar consisting of a base, a cylindrical shaft, and a capital.
- Something resembling an architectural pillar in form or function: a column of mercury in a thermometer.
- Printing One of two or more vertical sections of typed lines lying side by side on a page and separated by a rule or a blank space.
- A feature article that appears regularly in a publication, such as a newspaper.
- A formation, as of troops or vehicles, in which all elements follow one behind the other.
- Botany A columnlike structure, especially one formed by the union of a stamen and the style in an orchid flower, or one formed by the united staminal filaments in flowers such as those of the hibiscus or mallow.
- Anatomy Any of various tubular or pillarlike supporting structures in the body, each generally having a single tissue origin and function: the vertebral column.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തൂണ് - Thoonu ;ശ്രേണി - Shreni ;നിര - Nira ;എഴുത്തുപംക്തി - Ezhuththupamkthi | Ezhuthupamkthi ;സ്തൂപം - Sthoopam ;പേജിന്റയോ പട്ടികയുടെയോ കുത്തനെയുള്ള വിഭാഗം - Pejintayo Pattikayudeyo Kuththaneyulla Vibhaagam | Pejintayo Pattikayudeyo Kuthaneyulla Vibhagam ;