Of or pertaining to comparison.
- Relating to, based on, or involving comparison.
- Of or relating to the scientific or historical comparison of different phenomena, institutions, or objects, such as languages, legal systems, or anatomical structures, in an effort to understand their origins or relationships.
- Estimated by comparison; relative: a comparative newcomer.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the intermediate degree of comparison of adjectives, as better, sweeter, or more wonderful, or adverbs, as more softly.
- Grammar The comparative degree.
- Grammar An adjective or adverb expressing the comparative degree.