The act of seeking, or endeavoring to gain, what another is endeavoring to gain at the same time; common strife for the same objects; strife for superiority; emulous contest; rivalry, as for approbation, for a prize, or as where two or more persons are engaged in the same business and each seeking patronage; -- followed by for before the object sought, and with before the person or thing competed with.
- The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry.
- A test of skill or ability; a contest: a skating competition.
- Rivalry between two or more businesses striving for the same customer or market.
- A competitor: The competition has cornered the market.
- Ecology The simultaneous demand by two or more organisms for limited environmental resources, such as nutrients, living space, or light.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പോര് - Por ;സ്പര്ദ്ധ - Sparddha | Spardha ;പന്തയം - Panthayam ;പ്രതിസ്പര്ദ്ധ - Prathisparddha | Prathispardha ;ഉരപ്പ് - Urappu ;കായിക മത്സരം - Kaayika Mathsaram | Kayika Mathsaram ;